Tuesday, August 28, 2007

On The Ground

Monday, February 5th, 2007

This will be my last entry for this week. As I said it has been a full week of work and fun.

I arrived back in Biloxi from Council around 3 PM and went immediately to Camp Biloxi to greet a group from Maryland. They are a great bunch of folks who have worked on painting the interior of a 100 year old house that we will use as office space for the next two years. You would not believe this place. It is a disaster from the very old wiring to the open flame gas heaters, to the snakes in the shed. Well I haven’t seen one yet, but I know they are there! I feed the cats living under the house every day in hopes that they will discourage other varmints.

Anyway Maryland is helping us today and tomorrow and then they will go to Gulfport to work on a housing project for the remainder of the week. We are planning a Eucharist on Wednesday eve with my own red beans and rice to follow. I am looking forward to Natasha Stewart and company coming down in a couple of weeks. I am trying hard to get all of my boxes unpacked before they arrive.

Only 2 weeks until pitchers and catchers report to Fort Meyers. I await the arrival of the boys anxiously and am planning to take in a game or two before they return to Boston for the summer. Let me know if you are going to any of the games and perhaps we could get together.

I hope to get over to New Orleans soon. Mardi Gras is looming however and I am hesitant to try to get a parking space in the Garden District until Lent. If anyone needs beads or masks let me know. They are really cheap here now and available in every store. The entire city has become green, gold, and purple. They even sell King Cakes at the gas stations.

I would love to have some of you post a comment on the blog. Just register and post. It will not appear right away but the blog administrator will make sure it gets on the site. I would love to hear your thoughts on our mission here on the Gulf Coast.

One note of caution. My old email address at Comcast is gone. I know some from the Merrimack Deanery had written to me on it but I cannot retrieve those mails. Please resend them to that same address but use janebbearden and then @gmail.com” instead of comcast.

May God bless you this week,

Jane

No comments: