Tuesday, August 28, 2007

On The Road

Tuesday, January 16th, 2007

Hello from Anderson, South Carolina. My sister Anne, Miss Kitty (my cat), and I have been winding our way down the East Coast through some ice, lots of rain and fog, and clouds. Today we made better time. The junior warden from Redeemer called me today to let me know that ice and snow was predicted for Biloxi on Wednesday. It seems that I will be the only car on the road equipped with a snow shovel.

On Sunday afternoon Trinity Topsfield hosted the most amazing Evensong I could have imagined. Everyone who attended has said what a beautiful service it was. I cannot find enough superlatives to express my feelings. I was absolutely overwhelmed. There were people there from all over the diocese. I want to express my appreciation to Bishop Bud and the task force members who have supported me in raising money, organizing, and making the dream a reality. You have my thanks and my commitment to pour my heart and my mind into our work. Bishop Bud charged me to take to heart Jesus’ instruction to Peter to “feed my sheep”. My response is, “with the strength and the grace of God to sustain me, I will”.

We received an email from a parish in Sulfur, LA today. They were hit hard by Hurricane Rita. Both parishes have prayed for each other as both have been on the road for recovery. The youth group in Sulfur is putting together a photo album of before and after stories. Now they want to add the recovery photos. As I work with our youth group I will try to make the photos available to our blog.

I should arrive in Biloxi tomorrow.

No comments: